With so many eye products in the markets, with palettes upon palettes, single shadows, thousands of mascaras and every type of eyeliner in the world, I thought today I would show you a simple classic look with 6 tools.
1. Eyebrow Pencil – This is pretty self explanatory. Doing your brows not only frames your face and makes you look younger, it also makes your look much more done up. This Hourglass Eyebrow Pencil is perfect for me, someone perpetually in a rush. It comes with a wind up product on one side and a spoolie on the other. It’s an easy product to use for someone that doesn’t want too much definition on the eyebrow.
2. Eyebrow Gel – Eyebrow gel, Eyebrow mascara? Not too sure what to call it but you need it. You can fill your brows in but they need to stay in place. Benefit’s Gimme Brow gives you colour to the brows, while Anastasia Clear Brow Gel doesn’t add any colour for people worried about that. Both are excellent products.
3. Natural Eye Shadow Palette – All you need is something simple, natural colours that suit your complexion. This NARS And God Created Woman eyeshadow palette has colours that compliment my skin tone and my eye colour.
4. Liquid Eyeliner – Liquid eyeliner pens are gods gift to us beauty girls. It’s super easy to use and the perfect shape for application. This Stila Liquid Eyeliner is my absolute holy grail, it does not smudge at all. Just doesn’t! Doesn’t move an inch, it’s incredible. The easiest way to apply eyeliner is to keep your eyes open, so you can see the shape you’re creating. Start from the inner corner with a thin line and make it wider the closer you get to the outer corner. Liner is different for every eye type, it takes a lot of practise to find out what shape suits you. It’s fun to practise though! Easiest way to do a wing is to stamp it on the corner and then smooth it along.
5. Eyelash Curler – For anyone with lashes that refuse to curl naturally, an eyelash curler is a must. But I need to write this next bit in capital letters NEVER CURL YOUR LASHES AFTER MASCARA! It weakens the lashes and they can stick to the curler and rip out(!!!!!!!!!) Just don’t do it guys.
6. Mascara – Final stage is mascara, pick your favourite! My top pick is Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, amazing amazing amazing. Another great pick is Covergirl Lash Blast Volume. Your personal preference but these are two great ones.
Give it a go and let me know how it turns out!